The time came that my sweet little baby Bennett went to Kindergarten. The last five years have been better than I could have imagined. When I was little I always wanted to be a mom when I grew up.. thank goodness it came true! I love my boys so much and am so proud of the sweet boys they have become.
Bennett is my shy guy... he is very cautious and some what nervous in new situations. He is also slow to make new friends because of how quiet and stand offish he is. To be honest I was a little worried about him in Kindergarten! He on the other hand was nothing but excited, he asked every morning before school started to go to school. Once the day came he marched right up and into school. After school he came home more confident than I have ever seen him... he even told me he made two new friends and named them!! He also told me that there are a couple little girls that chase him around the playground during recess time... Does this start already?
His teachers name is Mrs. Taube, she seems wonderful! She is amazing with the kids, they all seem to love her! We are only two weeks in and Bennett has already made the most adorable mementos! The first day of school he came home with a back pack full of apple crafts and his first homework assignment. It was to trace his name over and again in his work book. Once the kids all do fifteen pages in their work books.. they get to go on a Mickey Mouse picnic... they are all excited!
Bennett was super excited that his buddy Kaleb is also in his class, I think this helped to ease his nerves a bit! He is also excited that I get to volunteer in his classroom on Tuesday mornings... I can't wait! We both dove in head first.. I joined the PTA and he is adapting wonderfully to his new surroundings! So proud of my Benny Boo!
My tiny baby....
Forgot about this part! He is also a bus rider now, he rides the bus home two blocks every day after school. Wessy and I wait at the bus stop for him and wave to all the kiddos, its fun for us all!












No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting on the Buell Boys Blog! :-)